Life in Guangzhou
Hi Guys - sorry about the photos on Yahoo 360; don't know what the problem is. I'll see what I can do from here. Sorry if we don't get to it right away, now that she's got the drunken sailor walk now, so we're even more than a little distracted...
We've all pretty well settled into life at the White Swan - it will be hard to leave the sun and warmth for freezing cold Chicago...
Maggie & Grace are our CCAI Guides in Guangzhou - there's another group here today too, who we had a tour with, but I don't remember that guide's name. They've all been great, but I have a great fondness for Evelyn & Kiki - our guides in Nanchang. Afterall, they were like the midwives who helped "deliver" Annie to us!
Today, Annie had her physical - if you could call it that; more like ht, wt, can she hear, and general look over. I don't know if I should be concerned, but when the doctor at the last station took off Annie's overalls for the exam, she laughed outloud at Annie's ham hock legs. I think I have biceps now from hauling around a 20.4lb girl (27.5 in long) for the last week +.
After the exam, we did more shopping, then took a tour where we had the babies blessed at the temple, looked at the Chen house (folk museum), and shopped at a folk arts & crafts store. Then we went to dinner at a Cantonese restaurant with another family.
Tomorrow's our Consulate appointment already - and more importantly, Annie's 1st birthday! Then it's a trip to the Pearl Market, the red couch photos, and because it's Annie's birthday, Maggie and Grace are arranging a Pearl River cruise - CCAI's providing the cake! They did it for Lily last week in Nanchang. It's hard to believe that we've been here so long already. Only 2 more days til we come home!
See you all soon - Laurie
We've all pretty well settled into life at the White Swan - it will be hard to leave the sun and warmth for freezing cold Chicago...
Maggie & Grace are our CCAI Guides in Guangzhou - there's another group here today too, who we had a tour with, but I don't remember that guide's name. They've all been great, but I have a great fondness for Evelyn & Kiki - our guides in Nanchang. Afterall, they were like the midwives who helped "deliver" Annie to us!
Today, Annie had her physical - if you could call it that; more like ht, wt, can she hear, and general look over. I don't know if I should be concerned, but when the doctor at the last station took off Annie's overalls for the exam, she laughed outloud at Annie's ham hock legs. I think I have biceps now from hauling around a 20.4lb girl (27.5 in long) for the last week +.
After the exam, we did more shopping, then took a tour where we had the babies blessed at the temple, looked at the Chen house (folk museum), and shopped at a folk arts & crafts store. Then we went to dinner at a Cantonese restaurant with another family.
Tomorrow's our Consulate appointment already - and more importantly, Annie's 1st birthday! Then it's a trip to the Pearl Market, the red couch photos, and because it's Annie's birthday, Maggie and Grace are arranging a Pearl River cruise - CCAI's providing the cake! They did it for Lily last week in Nanchang. It's hard to believe that we've been here so long already. Only 2 more days til we come home!
See you all soon - Laurie

1 Comments:
At 9:05 AM,
Mike & Joanne said…
Give our Birthday greetings to Annie. Happy Birthday!
Love, Uncle Mike and Aunt Joanne
Post a Comment
<< Home